Amazing Changes Hypnotherapy – Essex understands your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of all my clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Me
Business Name: Amazing Changes Hypnotherapy – Essex
Data Protection Officer: Gilly Sandford
Phone No: 07717 662102
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how I use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held and processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data
Personal Data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) – the GDPR as’ any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Personal data is, in simple terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. This covers information such as your name and contact details and also covers information such as identification numbers, electronic location data and other online identifiers.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights which I will always work to uphold.
a) The right to be informed about my collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know but you can also contact me if you have further questions.
b) The right to access the personal data I hold about you.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
d) The right to have your personal information erased. (Please see further down).
e) The right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose.
g) The right to data portability, meaning your right of access to your data to be copied and re-used with another service or business.
h) Rights relating to automated decision making and profiling. I will not use your data in this way.
Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office or your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
· Date of Birth
· Email Address
· Telephone Number
· Preferences/Interests – relevant to your enquiry
· Payment Information
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data
· Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for mutual performance of a mutual contract held with you and because you have consented to my use of your personal data or because it is in my legitimate therapeutic interest to use it. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
· To manage the therapeutic process with you.
· Tailoring and personalising a bespoke therapy for your needs
· Communicating with you. This may include emails/texts/phone calls.
· Supplying you with information that may be relevant to you, via email, that you have chosen to opt in to – and you may also unsubscribe at any time.
7. How Long Will You Keep my Personal Data
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is deemed necessary in light of the reason it was first collected and under the obligations of my insurance policy. Legally, information should be kept for 7 years.
However in order to safeguard privacy and security, real names are security coded.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data
I will only store your data in the U.K. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR. Electronic data storage is password security encoded and paper records are kept in a locked cabinet.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purpose unless I feel there is a threat to life or I am legally required to submit at a request to comply with legal obligations.
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
Should you wish to view any personal data I hold about you, please ask and I shall supply a copy. This is known as ‘subject access request’.
11. To contact me regarding anything to do with your personal data, including to make a subject access request, please use the contact details as shown in Section 1.